Okay, I won’t lie. The past few days I have been riding the couch with a rockin’ stomach flu. But that better change by this weekend! There’s an awesome event hitting Chicago and you’ll want to be there, too.
The associate board of the Gastro-Intestinal Research Foundation is throwing “Cocktails for a Cure” at the House of Blues this Saturday night, and it is going to be awesome. It’s even “fall back” this weekend, so you can get an extra hour of sleep before waking up to volunteer at the Hot Chocolate 15k at 5:30 am! (Just me? Well, whatever.)
So come on! Put on a pretty dress, or suit for you fellas out there, and join us for a great time and a great cause. GIRF supports clinical and laboratory research at my hospital, the University of Chicago. You can buy your ticket in advance here.
By the way, who wants to do my hair and make-up for this thing? I am a total disaster at this stuff and I am determined to look pretty. Pinterest is only showing me how utterly useless I am at this stuff.
Clearly, I’ll be GIRF-ing it up and then at the Hot Chocolate 15k this weekend. What are your weekend plans?
- Snazzy new phone case from thegreatbm! I'm in love. #ibd #crohns #colitis instagram.com/p/ZqGP_DlzcP/ 2 days ago
- Almost enough to make me carry my info meeting bin up the stairs. Eep. #teamchallenge @ REI instagram.com/p/ZoWVphFzUR/ 2 days ago
- It'd would've been better if they won, but a fun night at the ballpark with little regardless. instagram.com/p/Zju_CllzRR/ 4 days ago
- My brother and I are going to a baseball game tonight. He looked up directions and this happened. It's… instagram.com/p/ZjMtrNFzfa/ 4 days ago
- The only shirt I want to wear now! instagram.com/p/Zg-NjIFzbc/ 5 days ago