Okay, who ordered the cold weather for my weekend in Boston? Even though I checked the forecast before I packed my short sleeved running tee and capris, I ended up doing some emergency shopping. It was more like tights and a jacket weather for the 5k at Castle Island in Boston. (Castle Island is a bay on the Atlantic, so it was full of chilly ocean breezes!)
On race day, I donned some new finds from the Gap Outlet. The jacket is my new favorite — extra long for my long torso. I’m in love. The tights kept falling down, but I hope they’ll shrink a little.
It was a 5k, so how much can I really say in a race report? I ran as hard as I could, which is my new goal in short races. I’ve always done shorter distance races (5ks and 10ks) while training for longer distance ones. As a result, I’ve never really gotten good at having different paces for different distances. I just kind of lock into a steady long run pace and go. That’s fine if you’re running 20 miles, but it’s silly if you’re only running 3!
I ran my little heart out. I stayed with Kim most of the time. It was cold. It was windy. I did not get a PR, but I wasn’t too far off and it was a pretty respectable pace.
The course was absolutely beautiful, and it was really nice running weather — in the right clothes, anyway! And on Thanksgiving, I’m going to beat that time, darn it.
Do you have different strategies for racing different distances? Help me get better at it.
- Snazzy new phone case from thegreatbm! I'm in love. #ibd #crohns #colitis instagram.com/p/ZqGP_DlzcP/ 5 hours ago
- Almost enough to make me carry my info meeting bin up the stairs. Eep. #teamchallenge @ REI instagram.com/p/ZoWVphFzUR/ 21 hours ago
- It'd would've been better if they won, but a fun night at the ballpark with little regardless. instagram.com/p/Zju_CllzRR/ 2 days ago
- My brother and I are going to a baseball game tonight. He looked up directions and this happened. It's… instagram.com/p/ZjMtrNFzfa/ 2 days ago
- The only shirt I want to wear now! instagram.com/p/Zg-NjIFzbc/ 3 days ago